SoundHound Fires Up Major Update With Dynamic
New Features, Tops 80 Million Users
Version 5.0 Includes Dramatically Redesigned Homescreen, Visually
Stunning Music Search & Discovery and Tons of Hot, New Content
SAN JOSE, California – June 7, 2012 – SoundHound Inc., the revolutionary sound search company, today marked the release of its majorly revamped SoundHound version 5.0 by offering a new hit song as a free full song stream to its more than 80 million users. A major update for iOS and Android devices, version 5.0 boasts a stunning new homescreen layout, gorgeous album art and high-resolution photos of artists, and an even more user-friendly user interface, in addition to SoundHound's signature blazing-fast music recognition, sing and hum search, and free, unlimited LiveLyrics™.
SoundHound 5.0 Feature Update:
- Fast, Easy and Beautiful Music Search & Discovery. In 5.0, finding music never looked so gorgeous, with big, beautiful album art and high-resolution photos of artists throughout the app. A stunning new homescreen layout features a moving carousel of content to explore including Top Songs, Most Shared Song, "SoundHound Discoveries" and Most Tweeted Song. On iOS exclusively, version 5.0 includes the newly improved, integrated SoundHound Player which plays music stored on the device while showing LiveLyrics in sync with the music, as well as instant links to artist information, videos and the ability to Share the song.
- The Free Song Stream. SoundHound kicks off the release of version 5.0 by bringing its fans one-tap access to hear a new single from one of the world's hottest bands. New, fresh content will appear regularly inside the carousel, including the ability to buy the songs, share and explore more about the artists and new music.
- Cleaner, Easier-to-Use Interface. Version 5.0 brings you even more LiveLyrics scrolling in time with music, and SoundHound's famously fast music recognition is now even faster.
- And More... Just double-tap LiveLyrics to expand or go landscape to see LiveLyrics full screen. There's also easier sharing to Facebook—sign in one time from the welcome screen. Artist and Song pages include most recent Tweets and Facebook posts from artists, and recent tweets from SoundHound fans around the world.
James Hom, SoundHound vice president of Products: "SoundHound is 80 million users strong. Version 5.0 delivers an abundance of rich content and a beautiful and engaging user experience, showing why SoundHound is the most utilized mobile music search, discovery and sharing service in the world. We think our fans are going to love this update."
The SoundHound App is available for free from the App Store on iPad, iPhone and iPod touch, or at http://bit.ly/soundhoundonios
Users can also download the free version of the SoundHound App and upgrade to the premium version. On Android devices, SoundHound is available at http://bit.ly/soundhoundandroid
Resources and Links
- Follow SoundHound on Twitter: www.twitter.com/soundhound
- Be a fan on Facebook: www.Facebook.com/SoundHoundFans
About SoundHound Inc.
SoundHound Inc. is revolutionizing the way people interact with mobile devices by delivering innovative technologies and magical user experiences in sound recognition. SoundHound's applications, SoundHound and Hound, are powered by the company's breakthrough Sound2Sound technology, which has resulted in numerous innovations including the world's fastest music and audio recognition, the world's only viable singing and humming search, instant-response large scale speech recognition systems, and automatic lyrics alignment. For more visit www.soundhound.com.